DESIGN Pumps YNM NFPA
These are single stage, end suction centrifugal pumps.
- The main pump dimensions are compatible with DiN 24256 (ISO 2858).
- Performances are compatible with NFPA standards.
- The single entry, enclosed impeller is dynamically balanced against thrust (axial force) by means of balance holes and back wear rings. The pump and the motor are connected by flexible coupling onto a common base plate.
- Shaft leak prevention is provided by soft packing gaskets according to NFPA requirements.
- The maintenance of the pump is very easy. The shaft and the rotating parts can easily be removed without touching the suction and discharge systems.
- Since there are very many common parts it is easy find and store spare parts
TECHNICAL specifications pump YNM NFPA
|Suction Flange||DN65 – DN 125|
|Discharge Flange||DN32 – DN 100|
|Flow Range||11 – 227 m³/h|
|Head Range||30 – 140 m|
SCOPE OF APPLICATION pump YNM NFPA
- Power plants
Bearings pump YNM NFPA
Maintenance-free self-lubricating bearings have been used as pump bear- ing elements
Pumped Liquids YNM NFPA
It is used in pumping clean and sea water that do not contain solid particles
Sealing Pump YNM NFPA
Gland packing is preferred in fire groups with shaft sealing certificate.
Specifications of fire pumps -YNM NFPA
What are the specifications of fire
pumps per NFPA 20?
NFPA; due to the special importance of fire pumps, has set a standard for both material specifications and performance specifications. The compliance of a fire pump with NFPA 20 requires the fulfilment of these requirements. When these specifications are examined, it is seen that there is a very serious difference between general purpose pumps and fire pumps. The fire pumps; throughout their operating life; are designed to provide maximum reliability and net outlet pressure value. The design criterion in general purpose pumps is the maximum efficiency and economic operation feature.
Listed fire pumps; are available for rated flow rates between 100-8000 gpm. The nominal pressure values are given as 30-262 psi (20 mss-185 mss) for horizontal shaft pumps, 26-510 psi (18m55-358m55) for vertical shaft pumps.Listed centrifugal pumps; are classified as horizontal shaft end suction, In-line type, horizontally separable casing and vertical shaft turbine type.
Material specifications of fire -YNM NFPA
pumps per NFPA 20
Pump Casing: Pump casing material must be GG 25 grey cast iron or GGG40 nodular cast iron according to the pressure class.Pump Impeller: According to NFPA 20, UL 448, FM, the fire pump ımpeller must be made of Bronze or stainless steel cast material. As in general purpose pumps, the ımpeller made of grey cast iron material is never used.
Pump Shaft: The pump shaft must be made of AISI316 stainless steel material. Furthermore, FM and UL 448 standards brought strict design rules for the shafts to be used in fire pumps.
Sealing: It must be provided with a gland packing and the packing bearing must be designed to receive at least five lines of packing. Bearing housing: The bearings must be grease lubricated roller bearings. The bearings used must be selected to operate at least 5000 hours smoothly at maximum load.