DESIGN Pumps ENM
- These are horizontal type, single stage, single entry, horizontal volute type pumps w ith a horizontal suction porton the axis and the discharge porton the top, and an enclosed impeller.
- Since the volute is symmetrical it can be assembled to be used in either direction. Thanks to this feature, it can also be used with motors which rotate counterclockw ise.
- ENM pump impellers are of double indine type. The impellers are dynamically balanced to the base. The axial thrust is compensated by rear back wear rings and balance holes. • The pumps are equipped with a rigid shaft that can operate under different loads.
- The sliding bearing within the suction body is lubricated with water.
- The construction is compact thanks to the short distance between the bend-resistant shaft and bearing and the volute. This feature allows it to be used in space-restricted (eg. Marine Fire Brigade).
- in standard configurations, two roller bearings are used. A console bearing is optiona
TECHNICAL specifications pump ENM
|Suction Flange||DN 300 …DN 500|
|Discharge Flange||DN 250….DN 400|
|Operating Pressure||16 Bar|
|Speed Range||1000 – 1800 rpm|
|Flow Range||400 – 4000 m³/h|
|Head Range||60 – 150 m|
SCOPE OF APPLICATION pump ENM
FIELDS OF APPLICATIONS
Fi-fi systems for fireboats
Fresh water and sea water pumping in ships.
Large fire extinguishing systems.
lndustrial and social installations
Bearings pump ENM
Maintenance-free self-lubricating bearings have been used as pump bear- ing elements
Pumped Liquids ENM
It is used in pumping clean and sea water that do not contain solid particles
Sealing Pump ENM
Gland packing is preferred in fire groups with shaft sealing certificate.
Specifications of fire pumps -ENM
What are the specifications of fire
pumps per NFPA 20?
NFPA; due to the special importance of fire pumps, has set a standard for both material specifications and performance specifications. The compliance of a fire pump with NFPA 20 requires the fulfilment of these requirements. When these specifications are examined, it is seen that there is a very serious difference between general purpose pumps and fire pumps. The fire pumps; throughout their operating life; are designed to provide maximum reliability and net outlet pressure value. The design criterion in general purpose pumps is the maximum efficiency and economic operation feature.
Listed fire pumps; are available for rated flow rates between 100-8000 gpm. The nominal pressure values are given as 30-262 psi (20 mss-185 mss) for horizontal shaft pumps, 26-510 psi (18m55-358m55) for vertical shaft pumps.Listed centrifugal pumps; are classified as horizontal shaft end suction, In-line type, horizontally separable casing and vertical shaft turbine type.
Material specifications of fire -ENM
pumps per NFPA 20
Pump Casing: Pump casing material must be GG 25 grey cast iron or GGG40 nodular cast iron according to the pressure class.Pump Impeller: According to NFPA 20, UL 448, FM, the fire pump ımpeller must be made of Bronze or stainless steel cast material. As in general purpose pumps, the ımpeller made of grey cast iron material is never used.
Pump Shaft: The pump shaft must be made of AISI316 stainless steel material. Furthermore, FM and UL 448 standards brought strict design rules for the shafts to be used in fire pumps.
Sealing: It must be provided with a gland packing and the packing bearing must be designed to receive at least five lines of packing. Bearing housing: The bearings must be grease lubricated roller bearings. The bearings used must be selected to operate at least 5000 hours smoothly at maximum load.