DESIGN Pumps YPH
- These are single stage, vertical shaft in-line type centrifugal pumps.
- The single suction, closed type impeller is dynamically balanced against thrust (axial force) by use of balance holes and back wear rings.
- The pump and the motor are connected by means of an adapter using a special rigid coupling.
- Maintenance and repair are easily carried out due to the feature that the pump can be detached from the plumbing works with its body remaining connected to the bed.
- in accordance w ith the NFPA fire standard the shaft non-leakage is provided by soft packing seals.
- The pump has been especially designed for part interchangeability thus making spare part acquisition easy and fast.
TECHNICAL specifications pump YPH
|Suction Flange||DN 65 – DN 150|
|Discharge Flange||DN 40 – DN 100|
|Flow Range||34 – 170 m³/h (150 – 750 gpm)|
|Head Range||30 – 140 m (43 – 199 psi)|
SCOPE OF APPLICATION pump YPH
FIELDS OF APPLICATIONS
- Power plants
Bearings pump YPH
Maintenance-free self-lubricating bearings have been used as pump bear- ing elements
Pumped Liquids YPH
It is used in pumping clean and sea water that do not contain solid particles
Sealing Pump YPH
Gland packing is preferred in fire groups with shaft sealing certificate.
Specifications of fire pumps -YPH
What are the specifications of fire
pumps per NFPA 20?
NFPA; due to the special importance of fire pumps, has set a standard for both material specifications and performance specifications. The compliance of a fire pump with NFPA 20 requires the fulfilment of these requirements. When these specifications are examined, it is seen that there is a very serious difference between general purpose pumps and fire pumps. The fire pumps; throughout their operating life; are designed to provide maximum reliability and net outlet pressure value. The design criterion in general purpose pumps is the maximum efficiency and economic operation feature.
Listed fire pumps; are available for rated flow rates between 100-8000 gpm. The nominal pressure values are given as 30-262 psi (20 mss-185 mss) for horizontal shaft pumps, 26-510 psi (18m55-358m55) for vertical shaft pumps.Listed centrifugal pumps; are classified as horizontal shaft end suction, In-line type, horizontally separable casing and vertical shaft turbine type.
Material specifications of fire -YPH
pumps per NFPA 20
Pump Casing: Pump casing material must be GG 25 grey cast iron or GGG40 nodular cast iron according to the pressure class.Pump Impeller: According to NFPA 20, UL 448, FM, the fire pump ımpeller must be made of Bronze or stainless steel cast material. As in general purpose pumps, the ımpeller made of grey cast iron material is never used.
Pump Shaft: The pump shaft must be made of AISI316 stainless steel material. Furthermore, FM and UL 448 standards brought strict design rules for the shafts to be used in fire pumps.
Sealing: It must be provided with a gland packing and the packing bearing must be designed to receive at least five lines of packing. Bearing housing: The bearings must be grease lubricated roller bearings. The bearings used must be selected to operate at least 5000 hours smoothly at maximum load.