Features mechanical seal type 609htc
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Utilizes HTC high-temperature, corrosion-resistant welded metal bellows technology to reliably seal fluids in harsh high-temperature corrosive environments.
- The Type HTC provides superior face stability at elevated temperatures.
- API 682/ISO 21049 qualified.
- Rotating bellows with narrow radial cross-section that fits most popular pump models without modification.
- All-Inconel metallurgy — meets NACE MR0175/MR0103.
Features mechanical seal type 609htc
- ID and OD pressure capability — withstands reverse pressurization.
- Thermally compliant Primary Ring Adapter.
- Pressure compensating Primary Ring.
- John Crane edge-welded metal bellows with optimum 45-degree tilt angle.
- John Crane Sealide® silicon carbide composite.
- Available in single and dual cartridge arrangements.
- DOUBLE-PLY version available for higher-pressure applications.
- Hard faces available for abrasive applications.
About Mechanical seal type 609htc
The Type 609HTC is a high-temperature bellows assembly intended for those demanding applications where a dependable, high-strength, rotating seal is preferred. Typical applications for these seals include hydrocarbons, aromatic fractionation products, crude oil fractionation products and heat transfer fluids, as well as chemicals, caustics, some acids, aqueous solutions and lubricating liquids. This seal utilizes “HTC” technology with an all-Inconel, corrosion-resistant welded metal bellows for reliably sealing fluids in harsh high-temperature, corrosive environments and, at the same time, provides superior face stability at elevated temperatures. This all-Inconel seal is ideally suited for applications that contain organic acids (naphthenic acid), and sulfur compounds that attack most other alloys at high temperatures. The Type 609HTC is utilized in our Type 2609HTC and Type 3609HTC API 682/ISO 21049 Type C Arrangement 2 and 3 cartridge seals.
Design Features mechanical seal type 609htc
- All-inconel metallurgy – meets NACE MR0175/MR0103
- ID and OD pressure capability – withstands reverse pressurization
- Thermally compliant primary ring adapter
- Pressure compensating primary ring
- Edge-welded metal bellows
- Advanced silicon carbide composite
- API 682/ ISO 21049 qualification tested
- Available in single or dual cartridge arrangements
- Narrow radial cross-section fits most popular pump models without modification
- HTC is used as a component in many cartridge arrangements and configurations
Material mechanical seal type 609htc
- Bellows: Alloy 718 (UNS N07718)
- Primary Ring: Sealide-C (Sintered)
- Static Seals Flexible Graphite
- Primary Ring Adapter: Alloy 718 (UNS N07718)
- Adapter: Alloy 718 (UNS N07718)
Recommended Applications type 609htc
- Process pumps
Operating range mechanical seal type 609htc
-100°F to 800°F/-75°C to 425°C
Dynamic: Vacuum to 300 psi(g)/20 bar(g)
Static: 450 psi(g)/31 bar(g)
(See Basic Pressure Ratings curve on Product Specification sheet.)
Product Description type 609htc
The Type HTC* high-temperature corrosion resistant welded metal bellows seal is a unique advanced technology for reliably sealing fluids in harsh high-temperature corrosive environments. The Type HTC also provides superior face stability at elevated temperatures.
This all-Inconel ® seal eliminates the need for plating and is ideally suited for applications that contain organic acids, broadly referred to as naphthenic acid, and sulfur compounds that attack most other alloys at high-temperature.
Specially designed pressure-compensating seal faces and a thermally compliant primary ring adapter provide exceptional seal face stability that adapts to a wide range of temperature excursions inherent in high-temperature applications.
Even if the application is not corrosive, the extra face stability provided by the seal can extend your MTBR in many other noncorrosive services.
The API 682/ ISO 21049 qualified HTC seals are available in both stationary and rotating configurations, and single and dual seal arrangements.