Features mechanical seal type 5625
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Engineered to be a performance leader.
- The Type 5625 dual seal arrangements incorporate a edge-welded metal bellows seal head.
- The seal head/mating ring set is reversible allowing for stationary and rotating arrangements
- ANSI B73.1M and DIN 24960 pump compliant.
- ISO 3069C seal chambers.
- Modular design.
- Optimized pressure-balanced design.
- Available in in Alloy 20 and Alloy C-276 metal bellows.
- Hard faces available for abrasive applications.
- Type 5625P comes standard with a pumping ring.
Recommended Applications type 5625
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment
About Mechanical seal type 5625
The type 5625 Series is the first truly universal cartridge seal — and the modular family concept of John Crane’s Universal Cartridge will change your approach to sealing. Since the type 5625 Series’ components are interchangeable, you can apply one seal family throughout your plant. This gives you the flexibility to cover more applications with less inventory, which means your maintenance is simplified, downtime is reduced, plant operating efficiency is increased and costs are lowered. The type 5625 and 5625P cartridge seals are available with either Alloy 20 or Alloy C-276 bellows in either a rotating or stationary arrangement. The seal is ANSI and DIN pump compliant. Tangential inlet and outlets. Optimized pressure balanced design. Primary and mating ring reverse balanced designs allow for ID and OD pressure which permits the dual seal to operate as tandem or double and maintains positive seal face closing forces in upset pressure reversal situation.
Design Features mechanical seal type 5625
- Reversible seal heads
- Tangential inlet and outlet pipe connections
- ANSI B73.1M and DIN 24960 pump-compliant
- Optimized pressure balanced design
- Set screw-less outboard seal drive
- Chemical-resistant metal bellows secondary seal
Material mechanical seal type 5625
- Face/Primary Ring Resin-Impregnated Carbon
- Seat/Mating Ring: Silicon Carbide
- Sleeve,Gland,Collar,Gland Adapter, Sleeve Adapter: 316 Stainless Steel
- O-ring: Fluoroelastomer
- Bellows: Alloy 20CB3 SS
Operating range mechanical seal type 5625
300 psi(g)/21 bar(g)
Product Description type 5625
The type 5625 Series is a modular cartridge seal family that includes interchangeable elastomer bellows, metal bellows, and elastomer O-ring pusher seal designs.
• The Type 5625 and 5625P dual seal arrangements incorporate a edge welded metal bellows seal head.
• Primary and mating ring reverse balance designs allow for ID or OD pressurization, which permits the dual seal to operate as a tandem or double. Positive seal face closing forces are maintained in an upset pressure reversal
• OD pressurization of the outboard seal avoids subjecting components to high tensile stresses and achieves improved cooling. For vertical installations, it allows venting of entrapped air.