Features mechanical seal type 606
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- John Crane edge-welded metal bellows in Alloy 718 or optional heat-treated AM350 SS.
- Drive lugs under the bellows for additional rotational drive in viscous or thermosetting applications.
- DOUBLE-PLY for high-pressure applications.
- High-temperature to 425°C/800°F.
- Available in dual and single cartridge arrangements.
- Available with secondary containment.
- Elastomer-free design with flexible carbon graphite secondary seals.
- Seal face is available with premium-grade carbon, silicon carbide, or tungsten carbide.
Recommended Applications type 606
- Process pumps
About Mechanical seal type 606
The Type 606 is a high-temperature (to 425°C/800°F) rotating seal with the same high-strength design features as the Type 609. In addition, the Type 606 incorporates drive lugs under the bellows that provide added rotational drive. This reduces torsional stress on the bellows, and makes the Type 606 the ideal seal for maximum reliability and extended life in viscous or thermosetting applications.
Design Features mechanical seal type 606
- Edge-welded metal bellows
- Elastomer-free design
- Standard components
- Available in single or dual cartridge arrangements
- Available with a secondary containment seal
- The Type 604 and Type 609 meet API 682 requirements
- Available with double-ply bellows
Material mechanical seal type 606
- Bellows: Alloy 718 (UNS N07718)
- Insert/Primary Ring: Premium Carbon Grade/Silicon Carbide/Tungsten Carbide
- Static Seals: Flexible Graphite
- Shell/Primary Ring Adaptor: Alloy 42 (UNS K94100)
- Adaptor: Alloy 625 (UNS N06625)
Operating range mechanical seal type 606
-100°F to 800°F/-75°C to 425°C with flexible graphite static packing
Vacuum to 360 psi(g)/25 bar(g)
DOUBLE-PLY: Vacuum to1000 psi(g)/69 bar(g)
(See Basic Pressure Ratings curve on Product Specification sheet.)
Product Description type 606
Type 606 – High-temperature rotary bellows assembly with drive lugs under the bellows for additional rotational drive in viscous or thermosetting applications.