Features mechanical seal type 515e
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Compact design complies with European standards DIN 24960/L1N, ISO 3069 and BS.2557:1975. Inch sizes up to and including 2.625 in. Also complies with ANSI B73.1-1974.
- Asymmetric bellows form results in even stress distribution with benefits of greater strength and higher rate of flexibilty; seal is bi-rotational and inherently pressure balanced.
- Smooth profile is resistant to clogging and therefore ideal for slurries and fibrous liquids. Similarly, seal unit is easy to clean and sterilize in place.
- Unit construction ensures a simple-to-fit seal, with superior heat dissipation paths. seal unit is reliable and does not wear the shaft.
Recommended Applications type 515E
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment
About Mechanical seal type 515e
Asymmetric formed metal bellows designed for general purpose use. General sealing duties include biotechnology, chemical processing, food processing, mining, oil, oil refining, pulp and paper, pharmaceutical, wastewater treatment and water systems.
Design Features mechanical seal type 515e
- The asymmetric bellows profile – provides even stress distribution in the bellows for greater reliability.
- Available with alternative mating rings/seats, primary ring, and secondary seal components to suit your particular installation, product and operating conditions.
- Compact design complies with DIN 24960/L1 (N), ISO 3069 and BS.5257:1975. Inch sizes up to and including 2.625 in. also comply with ANSI B73.1.M.
Material mechanical seal type 515e
- Bellows Convolutions: Inconel Nickel Chromium Alloy
- Drive Ring: Precipitation Hardening Stainless Steel
- Setscrews: 316 Stainless Steel
- Primary Ring: Resin Impregnated Carbon Graphite
- Secondary Seal O-ring: Medium Nitrile
Operating range mechanical seal type 515e
-40°F to 390°F/40°C to 200°C
Vacuum to 290 psi(g)/20 bar(g)
Product Description type 515e
The Type 515E is a formed metal bellows seal with a computer optimised asymmetric bellows profile. General sealing duties include: biotechnology, chemical processing, mining, oil, oil refining, pulp and paper, pharmaceutical, wastewater treatment and water systems. The 515E is ideal where hygiene and purity are essential, such as food preparation and the pharmaceutical industry.