Features mechanical seal type 4615
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Fits ANSI standard and DIN pumps.
- Easy to Install
- Factory assembled and tested, eliminating potential field assembly and installation errors
- Only one moving part: the bellows.
- Alloy 20CB3 SS bellows
- Eliminates O-ring “hang-up” problems.
- Maintains positive seal face closing forces in upset pressure reversal or vacuum situations.
- Design eliminates thermal expansion limits of mating ring.
Recommended Applications type 4615
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment
About Mechanical seal type 4615
The 4615 is a metal bellows seal that replaces the EZ-1®General-purpose Single Cartridge Seal. It is a member of the 4615 family of cartridge seals. Like other Type 4600 series cartridge seals, the 4615 design provides reduced installation times, lower maintenance costs and optimal equipment performance; and is ideal for the chemical, pulp and paper, wastewater, food processing and power generation industries. The abrasion and corrosion-resistant Alloy 20CB3 SS bellows enhance reliability by eliminating dynamic O-ring hang-up caused by process contamination, thermal gradients, and material deficiencies. The 4615 replaces the EZ-1®General-purpose Single Cartridge Seal, offering improved value and availability.
Design Features mechanical seal type 4615
- Factory assembled cartridge seal provides quick installation and eliminates installation errors.
- Abrasion- and corrosion-resistant Alloy 20CB3 SS bellows.
- Metal bellows design eliminates dynamic O-ring hang-up caused by process contamination, thermal gradients, and material deficiencies.
- Optimized primary ring design reduces face loading, horsepower consumption, heat generation and face wear.
- Reverse balanced face design allows for OD pressure and ID pressurevacuum conditions.
- Unique pre-set PTFE centering bushing is left in place during installation meaning no need for spacer removal prior to pump start-up.
Material mechanical seal type 4615
- Primary ring: Carbon (9003)
- Mating ring: Silicon carbide (9221)
- Bellows assembly: Alloy 20CB3 SS (0560)
- Seal Hardware: 316 stainless steel (0550)
- O-ring :Fluoroelastomer (9549)
- Gland gasket: Glass filled PTFE (7510)
- Centering ring: (spacer) Glass filled PTFE (7517)
Operating range mechanical seal type 4615
-20 to 266°F/-30 to 130°C
220 psi(g)/15 bar(g) process pressure
Product Description type 4615
The 4615 is a member of the 4600 family with a single seal arrangement and an edge-welded metal bellows seal head design. The abrasionand corrosion-resistant Alloy 20CB3 SS bellows enhance reliability by eliminating dynamic O-ring hang-up caused by process contamination, thermal gradients and material deficiencies.
Type 4600 series meets key industry pump standards and is designed to permit use in rotating shaft equipment including ANSI and DIN pumps.