Features mechanical seal type 5615
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Engineered to be a performance leader.
- The Type 5615 single seal arrangements incorporate a edge-welded metal bellows seal head.
- The seal head/mating ring set is reversible allowing for stationary and rotating arrangements.
- ANSI B73.1M and DIN 24960 pump compliant.
- Modular design.
- Optimized pressure-balanced design.
- Available in in Alloy 20 and Alloy C-276 metal bellows.
- Hard faces available for abrasive applications.
Recommended Applications type 5615
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment
About Mechanical seal type 5615
The 5600 Series is the first truly universal cartridge seal — and the modular family concept of John Crane’s Universal Cartridge will change your approach to sealing. Since the 5600 Series’ components are interchangeable, you can apply one seal family throughout your plant. This gives you the flexibility to cover more applications with less inventory, which means your maintenance is simplified, downtime is reduced, plant operating efficiency is increased and costs are lowered. The 5615 is available with either Alloy 20 or Alloy C-276 edge-welded metal bellows in either a rotating or stationary configuration.
Design Features mechanical seal type 5615
- Reversible seal head
- ANSI B73.1M and DIN 24960 pump compliant
- Modular design
- Optimized pressure balanced design
Material mechanical seal type 5615
- Face/Primary Ring: Resin-Impregnated Carbon
- Seat/Mating Ring: Silicon Carbide
- Sleeve: 316 Stainless Steel
- Gland: 316 Stainless Steel
- Collar: 316 Stainless Steel
- Gland Adapter: 316 Stainless Steel
- Sleeve Adapter: 316 Stainless Steel
- Bellows: Alloy 20CB3 SS
- O-ring: Fluoroelastomer
- Gasket: Glass-Filled PTFE
- Quench Bushing: Resin-Impregnated Carbon
Operating range mechanical seal type 5615
300 psi(g)/21 bar(g)
Product Description type 5615
The 5600 Series is a modular cartridge seal family that includes interchangeable elastomer bellows, metal bellows, and elastomer O-ring pusher seal designs.
• The Type 5615 and 5615Q single seal arrangements incorporate an edge welded metal bellows seal head
• A common seal head/mating ring set, utilized throughout all versions, is reversible to allow rotating seat/mating ring or rotating seal head operation, and is interchangeable with
O-ring seal heads
• An optional quench gland (5615Q) is available for use on crystallizing services when outside injection is not available or product dilution is not permissible