Features mechanical seal type 3604
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- API 682/ISO 21049 qualified.
- HTC technology.
- All-Inconel metallurgy.
- Stationary bellows designed to accommodate high shaft-to-seal chamber misalignment.
- Retained inner mating ring for high-pressure and vacuum service.
- John Crane Sealide® advanced silicon carbide.
- Withstands reverse pressurization.
Internal circulation device (pumping ring) standard.
- Carbon throttle bushing for effective containment.
- DOUBLE-PLY bellows for higher-pressure applications.
- Steam quench connection optional.
- Tapered bore inner gland promotes fluid movement for enhanced cooling.
Recommended Applications type 3604
- Process pumps
About Mechanical seal type 3604 , 3604htc
The Type 3604/3604HTC/3604HTCDP is a highly reliable dual face-to-face stationary cartridge seal for high-temperature refinery services that is fully API 682 qualified. Dual stationary arrangements are a sealing option within the API 682 specification and have gained popularity with many end users and pump OEMs. These dependable stationary API 682 cartridge seals utilize an impressive design innovation by incorporating high-temperature, corrosion-resistant sealing (HTC) technology for superior seal face stability at elevated temperatures. A DOUBLE-PLY version is available that greatly improves pressure carrying capability to 600 psi(g)/42 bar(g) (consult John Crane Engineering).
Type 3604: Dual pressurized face-to-face stationary bellows cartridge seal assembly. Utilizes a Type 604 stationary inner and outer seal.
Type 3604HTC: Dual pressurized face-to-face high-temperature, corrosion-resistant stationary bellows assembly. Utilizes 604HTC technology.
Type 3604HTCDP: Dual pressurized face-to-face high-temperature, corrosion-resistant stationary bellows assembly. Utilizes Type 604HTCDP DOUBLE-PLY technology.
Design Features mechanical seal type 3604
- API 682/ISO 21049 qualified
- HTC technology. All-Inconel®metallurgy
- Stationary bellows design to accomodate high shaft-to-seal chamber misalignment
- Positively and pressure retained inner mating ring
- Sealide-C advanced silicon carbide composite
- ID and OD pressure capability – withstands reverse pressurization
- Internal dual scroll pumping device
- Carbon throttle bushing for effective containment
- Double-ply bellows for higher pressure applications
- Steam quench connection optional
- Tapered bore inner gland promotes fluid movement for enhanced cooling
Material mechanical seal type 3604
- Mating Ring: Silicon Carbide Reaction Bonded
- Primary Ring Inner: Premium Grade Carbon
- Primary Ring Outer: Premium Grade Carbon
- Primary Ring Adapter: Alloy 42 (UNS K94100)
- Adapter: Alloy 625 (UNS NO6625)
- Bellows: Alloy 718 (UNS NO7718)
- Adaptive Hardware: 316 Stainless Steel
- Static Seals: Flexible Graphite
Operating range mechanical seal type 3604
-100°F to 800°F/-75°C to 425°C
Vacuum to 300 psi(g)/20 bar(g)
(See Basic Pressure Ratings curve on Product Specification sheet.)
DOUBLE-PLY: Vacuum to 600 psi(g)/42 bar(g)
(Maximum pressure rating can vary; consult John Crane Engineering for maximum DOUBLE-PLY pressure rating for your specific application.)
1.5″ to 4.33″/30mm to 110mm
Product Description type 3604
Type 3604 – Dual pressurized stationary bellows cartridge seal Type C, Arrangement 3. Type 604 stationary inner and outer seal
- Type 3604HTC – Dual pressurized stationary bellows cartridge seal Type C, Arrangement 3 that utilizes Type 604HTC technology
- Type 3604HTCDP – Dual pressurized stationary bellows cartridge seal Type C, Arrangement 3 that utilizes Type 604HTC double-ply technology for higher pressure
- The Type 3604HTC and 3604HTCDP API 682/ISO 21049 cartridge seals utilize High-Temperature Corrosion Resistant (HTC) sealing technology for superior seal face stability at elevated temperatures. Enhanced seal face stability is achieved by minimizing thermal and mechanical forces that can contribute to seal face distortion extending your MTBR in many services.
- A double-ply version is available that greatly improves pressure carrying capability to reliably seal demanding higher pressure
applications in a face-to-face cartridge arrangement. A taper bore inner gland design is used to promote fluid movement
and cooling around the inner seal face pair.