PTFE Wedge seals | Heavy-duty Cartridge Seal for Boiler Feed Circuit Applications
Features mechanical seal Type 59U
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Complies with European Standard EN 12756, formally DIN 24960, ISO 3069 and API 610 specification for the petrochemical industry.
- A versatile design with multiple material options for the widest range of liquids and temperatures.
- An unbalanced seal with the advantage of being a very short unit fitted to a straight through shaft.
- Multiple S-rings ensure even face loading while compensating for acceptable shaft misalignment.
Recommended Applications Type 59U
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment
About Mechanical seal Type 59U
A DIN seal for general and high-pressure duties in the chemical, refinery, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries. Alternative seat designs and material options are available to suit product and operating conditions of applications. Typically applications of a corrosive nature, cryogenic and high temperature.
Design Features mechanical seal Type 59U
- Compact designs
- PTFE or exfoliated graphite wedge secondary seal
- Multispring design ensures even face pressure
- DIN 24960/ISO 3069 stuffing box fit
Material mechanical seal Type 59U
- Face/Primary Ring Resin-Impregnated Carbon Graphite Antimony-Impregnated Carbon Graphite
Silicon Carbide-Coated Graphite Sintered Silicon Carbide
- Seat/Mating Ring Sintered /Silicon Carbide Alumina Ceramic
- Seat O-ring/Mating Ring Nitrile Perfluoroelastomer
- Retainer 316 Stainless Steel Alloy 400 (Monel ®)
Disc Alloy C-276 (UNS N10276)
Seat Securing Ring
- Wedge / Pure PTFE/ Exfoliated Graphite
Operating range mechanical seal Type 59U
- Temperature Limits -60°F to 930°F/-50°C to 400°C
- Pressure Limits 247 psi(g)/17 bar(g)
- Speed Limits 5000fpm/25m/s
Product Description Type 59U
The Type 59U is an unbalanced multispring DIN 24960 seal with a short unit fitted to a straight-through shaft. The Type 59B is a hydraulically balanced multispring DIN 24960 seal giving low face loading at high pressures.
- General chemical applications, oil refining, petrochemical, and pharmaceutical industries
- Suitable for use with corrosive fluids and for cryogenic and high-temperature applications
By choosing suitable component materials, the seals can be adapted to operate with a wide range of liquids and operating