Split seals | Heavy-duty Cartridge Seal for Boiler Feed Circuit Applications
Features mechanical seal Type 3710
California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Hydraulically pressure-balanced design ensures seal integrity during system upsets.
- Unitized finger springs are non-clogging and provide positive drive to the stationary seal face.
- The Type 3710 eliminates the need to dismantle any piece of equipment, large or small.
- Its fully split design can be installed in less than 30 minutes, either on the packing sleeve or directly on the shaft.
Recommended Applications Type 3710
- Process pumps
- Mixer and agitators
- Other rotating equipment
About Mechanical seal Type 3710
The Type 3710 mechanical seal uses our advanced split seal technology to meet today’s environmental guidelines as well as future regulations. Its unique, easy-to-install design readily adapts to horizontal and vertical equipment.
With more than 30 years of split seal experience, from sophisticated marine propeller shaft seals to thousands of industrial pump and mixer applications, John Crane has established itself as the worldwide expert in split seal technology.
Design Features mechanical seal Type 3710
- Simple, reliable assembly and installation
- Hydraulically pressure-balanced design ensures seal integrity during system upsets
- Unitized finger springs are nonclogging and provide positive
drive to the seal face
- Various seal face and elastomer combinations for a majority
of service requirements
- Field repairable and repair kits available
- Two connections in the gland provide easy access for flush piping
Material mechanical seal Type 3710
- Seal Faces Carbon vs. Silicon Carbide
- Silicon Carbide vs. Silicon Carbide
- Hardware 316 Stainless Steel
- Mating Ring/Retaining Ring Alloy X-750
- Primary Ring/Retaining Ring 316 Stainless Steel
- Spring Retainer Polymer
- Finger Spring 17-7 PH Stainless Steel
- Elastomers Fluorocarbon
Ethylene Propylene Rubber (EPR)
Operating range mechanical seal Type 3710
- Temperature Limits 250°F/121°C
- Pressure Limits Vacuum to 200 psi(g)/13.7 bar(g)
- Speed Limits Up to 62mm/2.500″: 3600 rpm Between 62mm/2.500″ and 135mm/5.250″: 1800 rpm Over 135mm/5.250″: 900 rpm
Product Description Type 3710
The Type 3710 cartridge split seal is the latest innovation in the evolution of split seal designs.
- The Type 3710 fully split seal features a unique reliable
design, which is the result of years of split seal experience
in the marine and industrial markets
- Type 3710 adapts to horizontal and vertical equipmen