Features mechanical seal type 5611
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- The Type 5611 single cartridge seal arrangements incorporate the John Crane Type 1 seal head assembly with universal cartridge adaptive hardware.
- Automatic adjustment compensates for abnormal shaft-end play and run-out, primary ring seal face wear, equipment tolerances and service life.
- Non-clogging single-coil spring.
- Positive mechanical drive.
- Full convolution elastomer bellows.
- Fits ANSI and DIN seal chambers.
Recommended Applications type 5611
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment
About Mechanical seal type 5611
The Type 5611 mechanical seal is the first truly universal cartridge seal — and its modular family concept will change your approach to sealing. Type 5600 Series components are interchangeable, enabling one seal family to be applied throughout your plant. This gives you the flexibility to cover more applications with less inventory, thereby simplifying maintenance, reducing downtime, increasing plant operating efficiency and lowering costs.
Design Features mechanical seal type 5611
- Nonclogging single-coil spring
- Positive mechanical drive
- Full convolution elastomer bellows
- Fits ANSI B73.1M, ISO 3069 and DIN 24960 seal chambers
Material mechanical seal type 5611
- Face/Primary Ring: Resin-Impregnated Carbon
- Seat/Mating Ring: Sintered Silicon Carbide
- Sleeve/Gland Plate/Collar/Retainer/Disc/Drive Band/Spring Holder: 316 Stainless Steel
- Bellows/O-ring: Fluoroelastomer- Ethylene Propylene
- Gasket: Glass-Filled PTFE
- Spring: 316 Stainless Steel
- Quench Bushing: Resin-Impregnated Carbon
Operating range mechanical seal type 5611
400 psi(g)/28 bar(g)
Product Description type 5611
- The 5600 Series is a modular cartridge seal family that includes interchangeable elastomer bellows, metal bellows, and elastomer O-ring pusher seal designs.
- The Type 5611 and 5611Q single seal arrangements incorporate the John Crane Type 1 seal head assembly with the universal cartridge adaptive hardware.
- Automatic adjustment compensates for abnormal shaft end play and runout, primary ring seal face wear, equipment tolerances, and service life
- Seal has optional quench gland (5611Q) with carbon ring throttle bushing