Features mechanical seal type 502
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Full convolution elastomeric bellows seal designed to fit into confined spaces including DIN24960.
- Unitized for ease of installation and tolerant of shaft play and run-out.
- Bi-directional and robust drive to the seal face eliminates stresses on the bellows.
- Available in metric sizes from 14mm to 100mm.
Recommended Applications type 502
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment
About Mechanical seal type 502
The Type 502 mechanical seal is one of the best-performing elastomeric bellows seals available. It is suitable for general service and provides excellent performance in a wide range of hot water and mild chemical duties. It is specifically designed for confined spaces and limited glands lengths.
Design Features mechanical seal type 502
- Completely assembled one-piece design for fast installation
- Unitized design incorporates positive retainer/key drive from bellows
- Non-clogging, single coil spring provides greater dependability than multiple spring designs.
- Will not be affected by build-up of solids
- Full convolution elastomeric bellows seal designed for confined spaces and limited gland depths. Self-aligning feature compensates for excessive shaft end play and run-out
Material mechanical seal type 502
- Bellows/Seat O-ring: Nitrile/Fluorocarbon/Ethylene Propylene
- Face: Silicon Carbide Converted Graphite/Resin Impregnated carbon graphite
- Retainer/Spring/Drive Ring/ Assembly / securing ring: 316 Stainless Steel
- BO seat: Austenitic Cast Iron
- BC seat: Aluminium Oxide Ceramic
- Abutment Ring/Setscrews: 316 Stainless Steel
Operating range mechanical seal type 502
-40°F to 400°F/40°C to 205°C (depending on materials used)
580 psi(g)/40 bar(g)
Up to 2500fpm/13m/s, depending on configuration and shaft size
Product Applications type 502
The Type 502 is a full convolution elastomeric bellows seal designed for confined spaces and limited gland depths. Self-aligning feature compensates for excessive shaft end play and run-out.
- All types of rotary equipment, pumps, marine, mixers, agitators, blowers, fans and compressors in a variety of service applications
- Supplied completely assembled for fast installation and field repairable
- Complies with DIN 24960, ISO 3069, and BS.5257:1975