Features mechanical seal type 2
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
Fits equipment with confined space requirements and limited seal chamber depths in pumps, mixers, blenders, agitators, compressors and other rotary shaft equipment.
- To absorb both breakout and running torque, the seal is designed with a drive band and drive notches that eliminate overstressing of bellows. Slippage is eliminated, protecting the shaft and sleeve from wear and scoring.
- Automatic adjustment compensates for abnormal shaft-end play and run-out, primary ring wear and equipment tolerances. Axial and radial shaft movement is compensated for with uniform spring pressure.
- Special balancing allows for higher pressure applications, greater operating speeds and lower wear.
- Non-clogging, single-coil spring allows for greater dependability than multiple spring designs, and it will not run foul due to fluid contact.
Recommended Applications type 2
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment
About Mechanical seal type 2
The Type 2 mechanical seal is available in single, double and balanced arrangements. An outside-mounted spring results in a compact working height that enables it to fit very short stuffing boxes.
Design Features mechanical seal type 2
- Mechanical drive – Eliminates overstressing of the elastomer bellows
- Self-aligning capability – Automatic adjustment compensates for abnormal shaft end play runout, primary ring wear and equipment tolerances
- Special balancing – Allows operation at higher pressures
- Non-clogging, single-coil spring – Not affected by buildup of solids
Material mechanical seal type 2
- Face/Primary Ring: Carbon
- Retainer/Disc/Drive Band/ Spring Holder: 18-8 Stainless Steel
- Bellows: Buna-N
- Springs: 18-8 Stainless Steel
Operating range mechanical seal type 2
-40°F to 400°F/-40°C to 205°C (depending on materials used)
Type 2: 420 psi(g)/29 bar(g)
Type 2B: 1200 psi(g)/83 bar(g)
Consult specification sheet speed chart.
Product Description type 2
- John Crane Type 2 Elastomer Bellows Seals are specified in more original equipment than any other seal from any other manufacturer. With the highest success rate of any seal of their type, they are suitable for a wide range of service conditions, including water, refrigeration, oils and chemicals.
- Type 2B is a balanced seal used in higher pressure applications, offering greater operating speeds and reduced face wear
- Fits equipment with confined space requirements and limited seal chamber depths in pumps, mixers, blenders, agitators, compressors and other rotary shaft equipment
- For pulp and paper, food processing, water, wastewater, refrigeration, chemical processing and other demanding applications