Features mechanical seal type 1
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- To absorb both breakout and running torque, the seal is designed with a drive band and drive notches that eliminate overstressing of bellows.
- Slippage is eliminated, protecting the shaft and sleeve from wear and scoring.
- Automatic adjustment compensates for abnormal shaft-end play, run-out, primary ring wear and equipment tolerances. Uniform spring pressure compensates for axial and radial shaft movement.
- Special balancing accommodates higher-pressure applications, greater operating speeds and lower wear.
- Non-clogging, single-coil spring allows for greater dependability than multiple spring designs. Will not run foul due to fluid contact.
- Low drive torque improves performance and reliability.
Recommended Applications type 1
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment
About Mechanical seal type 1
Process pumps Other rotating equipment With its proven track record of exceptional performance, the Type 1 elastomer bellows seal is widely recognized as the industry’s workhorse. Suitable for a wide range of service conditions ranging from water and steam to chemicals and corrosive materials, the Type 1 mechanical seal is ideal for use in pumps, mixers, blenders, agitators, air compressors, blowers, fans and other rotary shaft equipment.
It is frequently used by the pulp and paper, petrochemical, food processing, wastewater treatment, chemical processing and power generation industries.
Design Features mechanical seal type 1
- Mechanical drive — eliminates overstressing of bellows
- Self-aligning capability — automatic adjustment compensates for abnormal shaft end play runout, primary ring wear and equipment tolerances
- Special balancing — for higher pressure applications and less wear
- Non-clogging, single-coil spring — not affected by buildup of solids
- Low drive torque — improves performance and reliability
Material mechanical seal type 1
- Face/Primary Ring: Carbon
- Retainer/Disc/Drive Band/ Spring Holder: 18-8 Stainless Steel
- Bellows: Buna-N
- Springs: 18-8 Stainless Steel
Operating range mechanical seal type 1
-40°F to 400°F/-40°C to 205°C (depending on materials used)
Type 1: 425 psi(g)/29 bar(g)
Type 1B: 1200 psi(g)/82 bar(g)
Product Description type 1
John Crane’s Type 1 elastomer bellows seal is widely recognized as the industry workhorse with a proven track record of exceptional performance. The Type 1 is suitable for a wide range of service conditions from water and steam to chemicals and corrosive materials.
- For use in pumps, mixers, blenders, agitators, refrigeration compressors, blowers, fans and other rotary shaft equipment
- For pulp and paper, petrochemical, food processing, wastewater treatment, chemical processing, power generation and other demanding applications