About boosters FFBME – FFBMD
EBARA fire-fighting pressure boosters are applied in water supply systems for automatic fire-fighting systems according to the European standard UNI EN 12845
- Compact dimensions
- Easy maintenance
description boosters FFBME – FFBMD
EBARA offers FFBME (Fire Fighting Booster Module Electric) type modular type firefighting systems. They are used in the water supplies for automatic firefighting systems according to the European standard UNI EN 12845.
These pumping units with electric pumps are composed of a double base that makes for a very solid structure, thus allowing a lower transmission of vibrations that will ensure long-term maintenance of tolerances and an easier and faster control following the maintenance checks required by the standard.
FFBME firefighting systems are composed of a horizontal end-suction centrifugal electric pump and an oversized electric motor to ensure continuity of service even in overload conditions. The coupling between pump and motor is made using an elastic spacer coupling that allows an easy removal of the hydraulic part from the transmission part.
The pumping units are equipped with a discharge manifold with connection arrangement for the installation of a flow meter and relative manifold mounts. In the event of any maintenance, they make it possible to remove the pump without repercussions on the structure of the system.
Also, FFBMEs are equipped with a dedicated three-phase 400V control panel and the wiring between the pump and the panel, all the operating and alarm monitoring systems, which are already made at the factory during testing of each individual system.
Standards and Regulations
FFBME type firefighting systems are designed and constructed in accordance with the following rules and regulations:
- UNI EN 12845, fire extinguishing equipment, water supplies for automatic systems.
- UNI EN 12845/10779, fire extinguishing systems – Hydrant networks.
- Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.
- Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive 2014/30/EU
- European Standards: EN 60204-1; EN 61000-6-4; EN 61000-6-2.
Conditions of use
FFBME type firefighting systems can be used exclusively, as required by the UNI EN 12845 LH, OH, HH standard, in automatically operated water supplies for automatic firefighting systems in civil and industrial activities.
The conveyed water must be free of suspended solids and fibres, vegetation and free of aggressive and corrosive chemical substances (UNI EN 12845 8.6).
- Minimum temperature of the conveyed water is 0°C, maximum temperature 40°C (30°C for multistage submersible pumps)
- Ambient temperature of operation is 4°÷40°C at an altitude not exceeding 1000 m above sea level.
- Relative humidity max 50% at +40°C NB: if possible, the unit must be installed under head (UNI EN 12845) NB: each pump must have its own independent suction line (UNI EN 12845).