Features mechanical seal Splitex
- Fully split single seal, 2 x 2 segments, pre-assembled
- Stationary springs
- External pressurization
- Built-in flushing connections
- Installation and wear control
Advantages mechanical seal splitex
- Reduced repair and downtime: 2 x 2 pre-assembled design speeds up and simplifies installation installation because pump does not have to be disassembled.
- Long service life: precise pre-alignment because of pre-assembled segments. Stationary springs which are protected from the product prevent clogging.
- Greater flexibility during installation: no modification necessary because the seal is located outside of the stuffing box.
- Shaft protection: uniform torque transmission via clamping ring prevents damage caused by set screws.
- Dependable operation: mechanical decoupling of clamping ring (torque transmission) avoids distortion of the seat.
- Simple monitoring of the seal during operation because of mechanical wear indicator on the seal face.
- Low leakage: elimination of secondary seals eliminates leakage paths between split components.
- High tolerance to shaft deflections ensured by stationary design and elastic seat mounting (gasket).
Operating range mechanical seal splitex
- splitexShaft diameter:
d1 = 50 … 150 mm (1.940″ … 6.000″)
- Pressure: p1 = 10 bar (145 PSI)
t = -40 … +150 °C (- 40 … + 300 °F),
above 80 °C (175 °F) flush is recommended
- Sliding velocity: vg = 10 m/s (33 ft/s)
- Axial movement: ±1.5 mm (1/16″)
- Radial movement: ±0.8 mm (1/32″)
Materials mechanical seal splitex
- Seal face: Carbon graphite antimoniny impregnated (A), Silicon carbide (Q6)
- Seat: Silicon carbide (Q6)
- Secondary seals: FKM (V), EPDM (E), NBR (P)
- Springs: CrNiMo steel (G)
- Metal parts: CrNiMo steel (G)
|2, 5, 7||O-Ring|
|13||Head screw plug|
|17||Socket head screw|
Recommended applications seal splitex
- Process industry
- Petrochemical industry
- Chemical industry
- Power plant technology
- Pulp and paper industry
- Centrifugal pumps
- Displacement pumps
- Conveying pulp with stock pumps
- Conveying timber to refiners with pumping screws
- Circulation of pulp-and-water mixtures in storage vessels
- Pump stations for waste water treatment
- Cooling water pumps for energy generation