Features mechanical seal type 1gl1b
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Smooth, open bellows profile ideal for slurries and fibrous liquids.
- Hydraulically balanced with no dynamic elastomers to hang-up or restrict movement.
- Widely used in a range of process industries such as chemical process, paper and pulp, and a full range of water and sewage industries.
- Available in component or engineered cartridge arrangements.
- DOUBLE-PLY Inconel bellows combines strength with axial flexibility.
Recommended Applications type gl1b
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment
About Mechanical seal type gl1b
The Type GL1B is a double-ply formed bellows seal to meet the dimensional requirements of DIN 24960 L 1K. The double-ply design results in axial-flexible, yet extremely strong construction. The GL1B is used on general sealing duties in pumps, mixers, blenders, agitators, compressors and other rotary shaft equipment. The bellows are manufactured from Inconel 625 for strength and corrosion resistance, and face materials for arduous service are available.
Design Features mechanical seal type gl1b
- No sliding O-ring, eliminates fretting
- Hydraulically balanced dual rotation seal
- Minimum welds required in construction
- Available in component or engineered cartridge arrangements
- Twin ply Inconel® bellows combines strength with axial flexibility
- Smooth open bellows profile ideal for slurries and fibrous liquids
Material mechanical seal type gl1b
- Face/Primary Ring: Carbon Graphite in Duplex
- Seat/Mating Ring: Silicon Carbide
- Bellows: Inconel® 625
- Secondary O-rings Ethylene Propylene
Operating range mechanical seal type gl1b
-40°F to 500°F/-40°C to 260°C
Dynamic /Static: Vacuum to 230 psi(g)/16 bar(g)
Special Design: Vacuum to 435 psi(g)/30 bar(g)
Product Description type gl1b
The Type GL1B seal is the first double-ply formed bellows seal to meet the dimensional requirements of DIN 24960 L1K.
The double-ply design results in an axially flexible, yet extremely strong construction.
• General sealing duties in pumps, mixers, blenders, agitators, compressors, and other rotary shaft equipment
• For pulp and paper, chemical processing, food processing, wastewater treatment, and other
• Abrasive fluids and slurries in pulp and paper, mining, and wastewater treatment