Vessel and Agitator seals | Heavy-duty Cartridge Seal for Boiler Feed Circuit Applications
Features mechanical seal Type CK 728
California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
Dual-cartridge seal to DIN 28138 to fit stainless steel vessels.
Fits mounting flange to DIN 28141 and shaft ending to DIN 28154.
Back-to-back seal arrangement with balanced faces.
Debris well and cooling flange option.
Reversed pressure capabilities inboard.
Special designs and material options on request.
Available in four variants of lubrication system:
– W — liquid-lubricated wet seal
– D — dry-running contacting seal
– G — gas-lubricated non-contacting seal
– GD — gas-lubricated non-contacting inboard, dry-running outboard.
Suitable for application in explosive areas. Certificates of conformity according to European Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX) Cat. 3, 2 or 1 on request.
Recommended Applications Type CK 728
- Mixer and agitators
- Other rotating equipment
About Mechanical seal Type CK 728
Type CK 728 is a versatile, high-performance cartridge seal solution for steel vessels applicable in various industries, including high-purity pharmaceutical applications. High-end materials, balanced faces and a thrust bearing, in combination with a special sleeve design, secure stability of the seal settings and proper operation even in heavy-duty environments. Type CK 728 is available in liquid-lubricated (W), gas-lubricated (G), dry-running (D) or with a unique gas/dry face combination (GD). Advantages of contacting dry-running seals include freedom from contamination by barrier liquid and a low face wear rate, together with a cost-efficient, easy-to-install (gas) supply system. Advantages of gas-lubricated versions (G, GD) include the non-contacting, wear- and particle-free operation in addition, which makes these seals the perfect solution for high-end pharmaceutical applications. The GD design reduces the overall barrier gas consumption compared to G version.
The special modular design ensures maximum application flexibility through interchangeable sealing components. The standard cartridge design is available to fit on top-entry steel agitator vessels to DIN 28136, with mounting flange to DIN 28141 and agitator shaft end dimensions to DIN 28154. Modifications of adaptive hardware to fit non-DIN mixers or special equipment are available on request.
All versions are suitable for operation in potentially explosive atmospheres. Depending on individual explosion protection requirements, the seal operating limits may differ from the parameters given below
Design Features mechanical seal Type CK 728
- Dual cartridge seal to DIN 28138 for stainless steel vessels
- Fits mounting flange to DIN 28141 and shaft end dimensions to
- Back-to-back seal arrangement with balanced faces
- Debris well and cooling flange options available
- Reverse pressure capabilities inboard
- Available in four variants of the lubrication system:
– CK728 W – Liquid lubricated wet seal
– CK728 D – Dry running contacting seal
– CK728 G – Gas lubricated non-contacting seal
– CK728 GD – Gas lubricated non-contacting inboard,
Dry running outboard
- Special bearing design for high performance of
non-contacting gas seals
- Special PTFE-based secondary sealing elements support
a broad chemical and temperature application range
- Special carbon materials allow for exceptional operation with
dry barrier gas without an external humidifier
- Special designs and material options available on request
- G design advantages include wear-free and particle-free
operation, together with an easy supply system. In addition, the
GD design reduces barrier gas consumption
- Suitable for application in explosive areas. Certificates of
conformity according to European Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX)
Cat. 1, 2 and 3 available on request
Operating range mechanical seal Type CK 728
- Temperature Limits
-40°F to 392°F/-40°C to 200°C (-148°F/-100°C modified)
- Pressure Limits
Vacuum to 25 bar(g)
Dry-running variants up to 16 bar(g)
Non-contacting gas seals up to 10 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- Size Limits
40mm to 220mm
Product Description Type CK 728
The Type CK 728 vessel seal range is the high performance DIN cartridge solution for various industries including high purity pharmaceutical applications.They are available in wet lubricated, contacting dry running and non-contacting gas lubricated versions. The special modular design ensures maximum application flexibility through interchangeable sealing components. The cartridge design is standardised to fit on top entry, steel agitator vessels to DIN 28136, with mounting flange to DIN 28141 and agitator shaft end dimensions to DIN 28154.
All versions are suitable for operation in potentially explosive atmospheres. Depending on individual explosion protection requirements, the seal operating limits may differ from the values given in this data sheet. Consult John Crane for more information.