Slurry seals | Heavy-duty Cartridge Seal for Boiler Feed Circuit Applications
Features mechanical seal Type 5860
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Advanced seal face design for optimum performance in harsh slurry environments.
- Product-protected low-modulus springs for maximum movement allowance.
- Two-piece gland and sleeve assemblies designed to outlast pumps’ wetted parts.
- Anti-rotation pin with O-ring protects seal faces from drive slot .
Recommended Applications Type 5860
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment
About Mechanical seal Type 5860
Available as a single or double seal, the Type 5860 is designed to operate in the harshest abrasive slurry environments. Process fluids such as limestone, phosphates, kaolin clay, drilling mud, coarse coal, boiler fly ash, rock salt, rock and sand are no problem for the Type 5860. Unique design features eliminate problems common to sealing mining process fluids, allowing this seal to operate without a flush, thereby reducing the total cost of ownership.
Operating range mechanical seal Type 5860
- Temperature Limits
- Pressure Limits
360 psi(g)/25 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
Material mechanical seal Type 5860
- Primary ring and mating ring: Silicon carbide/silicon carbide
- Seat carrier and wear plate: High chrome iron, duplex Stainless Steel, super duplex Stainless Steel, Hastelloy C
- Thrust ring: 316 Stainless Steel
- Secondary seal O-ring: Fluoroelastomer
- Springs: Hastelloy C