O-ring Pusher seals | Universal Cartridge Seal Family — Wet/Dry-running Seal
Features mechanical seal type 5610d -5620d
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Fits ANSI B73.1M, ISO 2858 seal chambers
Cartridge seal design
- Optimized primary ring for low emission performance
- Set-screwless outboard seal drive
- Register fit enlarged-bore gland plate
- Reversible seal head for rotating and stationary operation
- Dry-running secondary containment seal standard on 5620D dual seal
Recommended Applications type 5610d – 5620d
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment
- Light hydrocarbons
- Unloading pumps
- Aqueous solutions
- Batch operations
- Crystallizing fluids
About Mechanical seal type 5610d -5620d
Process pumps Other rotating equipment With its proven track record of exceptional performance, the Type 1 elastomer bellows seal is widely recognized as the industry’s workhorse. Suitable for a wide range of service conditions ranging from water and steam to chemicals and corrosive materials, the Type 1 mechanical seal is ideal for use in pumps, mixers, blenders, agitators, air compressors, blowers, fans and other rotary shaft equipment.
It is frequently used by the pulp and paper, petrochemical, food processing, wastewater treatment, chemical processing and power generation industries.
Design Features mechanical seal type 5610d – 5620d
• Wet/dry running capabilities for batch operations and unloading duties
• Retrofits existing 5600 seal heads
• Provides the safety of dual seal without an external lubrication system.
• Retrofits existing liquid lubricated 5600 outboard seal heads.
• May be used as a quench seal.
Material mechanical seal type 5610d – 5620d
- Primary Ring: Premium Carbon
- Mating Ring: Sintered Silicon Carbide
- Spring: Alloy C-276
- Retainer: 316 Stainless Steel
- O-ring: Fluoroelastomer , Ethylene Propylene
Operating range mechanical seal type 5610 – 5620
300 psi(g)/21 bar(g)
Product Description type 5610d – 5620d
The specially engineered, fully interchangeable wet/dry running seal head extends the functionality of the 5600 product line for standard ANSI and large bore pumps.
The exact combination of face loading and material selection incorporated into this optimized design permits operation in both wet and dry conditions.
The Type 5610D is a single cartridge using the special O-ring pusher wet/dry running seal head.
The Type 5620D is a dual cartridge arrangement having a standard Type 5600 seal inboard and the special O-ring pusher dry running containment seal outboard.