Vessel and Agitator seals | Heavy-duty Cartridge Seal for Boiler Feed Circuit Applications
Features mechanical seal Type 32i
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Clamped-in mating ring prevents axial movement of mating ring.
- Seal can be run dry or wet.
- Novel noise reduction technology.
- ID and OD balanced (dual-balanced).
- No external lubrication required.
- Meets pharmaceutical and chemical processing standard.
- Robust T-bar drive mechanism for high-torque transmission.
- Optional debris well allows for easy flushing and sterilization during cleaning cycle (CIP and I).
Recommended Applications Type 32i
- Mixer and agitators
- Other rotating equipment
About Mechanical seal Type 32i
Please see Type 32 product description for technical information of the Type 32 seal family. In contrast to Type 32, the Type 32i features a unique, patented, seal face technology called “Intelli-Face®.” It is designed to reduce audible noise and squealing found on some single-contacting dry-running seal applications. Intelli-face technology applies non-uniform stresses on the carbon primary ring in order to modulate frequency harmonics and seal face flatness. This results in a continuously self-adjusting interruption in resonance and quiet seal operation.
Design Features mechanical seal Type 32i
“T” bar design – Simple, rugged drive design that withstands constant movement and vibrations of mixer applications. The Type 32i has been designed to accommodate up to 0.150″ total runout
Material mechanical seal Type 32i
- Primary Ring Carbon
- Mating Ring Tungsten Carbide Silicon Carbide
- Gasket Mineral Filled TFE
- Springs 316 ss
- Hardware 316 ss Alloy C-276 / Alloy 20
Operating range mechanical seal Type 32i
- Temperature Limits
-40°F to 300°F/-40°C to 150°C
- Pressure LimitsVacuum to 15 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- Size Limits
1″ to 4.5″
Product Description Type 32i
Type 32i seals are dry-running, outside mounted, single seals for top entering mixers incorporating John Crane intelli-face™ technology for quiet operation.
These seals are excellent for general duty applications on mixers, agitators, and reactors. The design is capable of handling up to 0.150″/3.81mm TIR and is well suited to vacuum
or pressure. The Type 32i can be applied to pharmaceutical or
general chemical services, and is ideally suited to indoor sites where equipment noise exceeds OSHA limits.
- For top entering mixers, agitators and reactor vessels
- Featuring intelli-face technology
- Proprietary low wear carbon face material
- O-ring design, dual balanced
- Type 32i can be equipped with a sanitary gland featuring
NPT ports or welded ferrules and certified materials.
Electro-polished product contact hardware is optional
- Robust T-bar drive
- Field repairable