Features mechanical seal type 1604htc
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Premium API 682/ISO 21049 qualified single stationary cartridge seal Type C, Arrangement 1.
- Incorporates HTC high-temperature corrosion resistant technology for superior corrosion resistance and exceptional face stability.
- John Crane Sealide® advanced silicon carbide composite.
- Retained mating ring option for vacuum service.
- Segmented spring-loaded carbon throttle bushing for effective containment.
Features mechanical seal type 1604htc
- All Inconel metal bellows metallurgy; meets NACE MR0175/MR0103.
- Stationary bellows assembly capable of handling high shaft speed applications and high shaft-to-seal chamber misalignment.
- Steam guide standard for effective utilization of a steam quench in coking environments
- Typical applications include hydrocarbons, aromatic fractionation products, heat transfer fluids, chemicals, caustics, some acids, aqueous solutions, lubricating liquids.
About Mechanical seal type 1604htc
The Type 1604HTC is an API 682/ISO 21049 qualified single stationary bellows cartridge seal Type C, Arrangement 1. The Type 1604HTC incorporates all-Inconel HTC technology to reliably seal high-temperature corrosive fluids. The seal includes a segmented spring-loaded carbon throttle bushing for effective containment with a retained mating ring for vacuum service. The cartridge seal also incorporates a steam guide for effective use of a quench (steam) that helps eliminate coking problems often associated with hot hydrocarbon applications. The Type 1604HTC is able to handle higher-speed applications.
Design Features mechanical seal type 1604htc
- API 682 qualified
- HTC technology
- HTL mating ring technology provides exceptional face stability
- Sealide-C* advanced silicon carbide composite
- ID and OD pressure capability — withstands reverse
pressurization (Type 2609HTC/3609HTC)
- All-Inconel metallurgy — meets NACE MR0175/MR0103
- Dual scroll pumping device standard
- Optional segmented spring-loaded carbon throttle bushing for effective containment (Type 1604HTC)
- Retained mating ring available for vacuum service
Material mechanical seal type 1604htc
- Mating Ring: Silicon Carbide Reaction Bonded
- Primary Ring: Sealide-C
- Primary Ring Adapter: Alloy 718 (UNS NO7718)
- Adapter: Alloy 718 (UNS NO7718)
- Bellows: Alloy 718 (UNS NO7718)
- Adaptive Hardware: 316 Stainless Steel
- Static Seals: Flexible Graphite
Operating range mechanical seal type 1604htc
-100°F to 800°F/-75°C to 425°C
Vacuum to 300 psi(g)/20 bar(g)
Recommended Applications type 1604htc
- Process pumps
Product Description type 1604htc
- Type 1604HTC – Single stationary bellows cartridge seal Type C, Arrangement 1
- Type 2609HTC – Dual unpressurized rotating bellows cartridge seal Type C, Arrangement 2
- Type 3609HTC – Dual pressurized rotating bellows cartridge seal Type C, Arrangement 3
These dependable API 682 cartridge seals utilize two impressive design innovations by incorporating high-temperature corrosion resistant sealing (HTC) and unique high-temperature
- live-loaded (HTL) mating ring technology in dual seal arrangements. This new design vastly enhances seal face stability over conventional designs and can extend mean time between repair (MTBR) in many services.
- Exceptional Face Stability The HTC primary seals, patent pending, incorporate specially
designed pressure compensating seal faces and thermally compliant components that provide superior seal face stability
at elevated temperatures. With advanced HTL mating ring design, patent pending, seal face stability is achieved by eliminating any thermal and mechanical forces that can
contribute to seal face distortion. The sealing interface remains exceptionally stable in spite of thermal changes and adapts
to the wide range of temperature excursions inherent in hightemperature applications.
- These all-Inconel® seals are ideally suited for applications that contain organic acids (naphthenic acids) and sulfur compounds
that attack most other alloys at high temperatures.